Raised Eyebrow is committed to maintaining a website that is easy for the majority of our site users to both access and use. With that goal in mind, we have included the following accessibility features in the Raised Eyebrow website:
- Our site complies with the international guidelines of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), an organization that develops protocols to ensure accessible long-term growth of the web. The template files use to generate the theme validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict, and use valid CSS. However, contributed code/modules may not adhere to the same guidelines.
- The site has been built using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) which aids in decreasing the download time of the site, making it more accessible for browsers using dial-up modems, slow connections or those operating outside of major urban centres.
- The pages on this site are structured using semantic markup. For example, the H1 tag on every main content page (including this one) marks the beginning of the principal text on the page. This enables JAWS, a popular screen reading software package, users to skip to the start of the main content on each page with the ALT+INSERT+1 on Windows.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes.
- This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in visual browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.