We're hiring a Junior Web Support Developer for an initial 3 month contract (July 1 - September 30), with a possible extension or conversion into a full-time position at the end of the contract.
What We're Looking For
- Junior Web Builder/Developer who is very familiar with current Web Technologies (you tell us what those are)
- Installed at least 3 Drupal sites, themes and modules using FTP or SSH
- Installed at least 3 WordPress sites, themes and modules using FTP or SSH
- Basic to intermediate skills in:
- PHP (Basic knowledge)
- HTML (Intermediate)
- CSS (Intermediate)
- jQuery (Basic knowledge)
- There will be a test!
- Should be able to understand website requirements, build plan and wireframes and how they related to a functional site.
- Experience interfacing directly with customers/clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage workload
- Motivation, strong critical thinking skills and a can-do attitude.
Bonus Points For
- Knowing what Git is. Even more for using it.
- Drupal theming experience
- WordPress experience
What You're Looking For
- A healthy, happy, respectful workplace
- A no overtime policy. Yes, you read that correctly
- A company that’s working with social change organizations and non-profits
- Lots of opportunities to expand Drupal, Wordpress and other web skills
- A nice shiny iMac to work on
- The option to have a standing/sitting desk
- A possible full-time position once this contract ends
This position is located in Downtown/Crosstown Vancouver and must be performed on-site.
First and foremost, please have a close look through our site, to see if you’re a good fit for us and our clients. Then, please fill out our online application system form here. No phone calls or direct emails please.
This posting will close Monday, June 10, 2013. We may be in touch with shortlisted applicants before the closing date.
Women, people of color and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.