Raised Eyebrow is known for creative, thoughtful planning and implementation, and for taking an inquiry-based approach to all of our projects. We are committed to — and motivated by — lifelong learning, and our clients broaden our horizons constantly, fuelling our passion for the work that we do. We work primarily with non-profit organizations and the progressive sector to help them use the best digital tools to have a bigger impact.
We’re seeking a part-time web designer who is following trends, is passionate about interface design and is comfortable with the restrictions that using a CMS can sometime impose, but is excited to collaborate with our team to break the mould. In short, we love building beautiful websites that are a pleasure to use, and hope you do too. You’ll be joining a team of craftspeople who are devoted to doing their best work, while also making space for their passions outside of work time.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Designing beautiful mobile responsive websites for our non-profit and progressive clients;
- Collaborating with our team to understand where design and structure, technical specifications and interaction intersect;
- Creating design elements for online interfaces/functionality, including websites, email newsletters, social media presences and other digital collateral;
- Delivering well organized files to our developers for theming.
What we’re looking for from you:
- At least two years of web design experience and the portfolio to prove it;
- A smart and detail oriented person who is passionate about the web as a tool for making an impact;
- Past experience designing for CMS driven web/mobile content;
- A passion for elegant and accessible typography/web-type;
- Comfortable being both self-directed and working with a team;
- Efficiency: great at prioritizing and handling deadlines;
- Ability to work directly with clients, leading them through every phase of the design process;
- Advanced Photoshop skills (or equivalent).
Bonus points if:
- You understand/have worked with frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap;
- Knowledge of style tiles in a design process;
- Experience in the non-profit sector;
- Basic to intermediate understanding of CSS/HTML (extra gold stars if you can write CSS);
What we offer:
- A boutique agency, there are 9 of us currently, that works primarily in the non-profit, government and progressive business sectors;
- Specialization in digital — we don’t do print;
- Commitment to honest, high-quality work for high-quality clients;
- Devotees of standards-based, content-oriented web design;
- Constantly learning, striving to improve ourselves and share our knowledge with others;
- Primarily working in Drupal and Wordpress;
- We are a Living Wage Employer and were a finalist in the Small Business BC Best Employer category last year;
- A healthy & positive work environment (did we mention the no overtime policy?).
About the Position
- 3-4 days a week salaried position at our Vancouver office, with benefits and professional development. Compensation is competitive.
How to Apply:
Please apply online with this form. No emails or phone calls will be accepted. Really.
Deadline: March 31, 2014. We may reach out to stellar candidates early.
You must be able to work in Vancouver to apply for this position.
It should really go without saying, but Raised Eyebrow is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome your application.